Thursday, October 16, 2014

Interview with Ms. Shira Daryn

1. How would you describe yourself as a reader?
- I love reading. There are so many interesting things in the world, and reading is a great way to learn about them. Good books make me think about things differently, take me to new places, make me happy and sad, and stay with me forever.

2. What is your favorite genre?
-So many to choose from... I like historical fiction, detective stories, and non-fiction books that make me think!

3. What is the hardest thing for you to do as a reader?
-Finding enough time to read.

4. If you could live in one of the books, what book would it be?
-As a child I dreamed of living on Prince Edward Island like Anne of Green Gables. I loved Anne's spirit and the fact that she was smart and determined. I imagined Prince Edward Island as a beautiful, green place, with wide open spaces, and it seemed like a most perfect place to be.

5. What can you recommend to our readers?
-To get into reading. Ask for recommendations from the librarians and just lose yourself in a good book. Try out different genres and writers and give books a fair chance. You won't always be hooked by the end of the first page, but don't give up too soon. Nothing beats the feeling of not being able to put a book down!

No comments: