Thursday, October 16, 2014

Interview with Mr. Paul Van Rijn

1. How would you describe yourself as a reader?
-I am an avid reader. As a child, I read my way through our local library, but in High School when reading certain books became mandatory, I lost the joy of reading. It took me a number of years after that to get back into it. Nowadays, I read one or two books each month, more when I am off from school. I love the book exchange in the teachers' lounge.

2. What is your favorite genre?
-My favorite genre is science fiction with a fantasy twist. My preference is series of books like Dune, Lord of the Rings, or The Wheel of Time. It is interesting to see how an author can develop a completely new universe where the common traits of humanity still apply. In general, though, as long as the back cover seems interesting, I will read the book.

3. What is the hardest thing for you to do as a reader?
-The hardest thing for me to do as a reader is put down a good book. There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a good book and realizing that you have to go to sleep in order to function the next day. However, there is something to be said for taking your time to savor a good book.

4. If you could live in one of the books, which book would it be?
-I would like to live in "We're going on a bear hunt". Who wouldn't?

5. What can you recommend to our readers?
-I can recommend "Undaunted courage" by Stephen Ambrose

No comments: