Monday, October 6, 2014

Interview with Mrs. Kimelman

Interview with Ms. Kimelman

1. How would you describe yourself as a reader?

- I believe that reading is one of the most important ways to learn and to stay informed. There's no need to "force" myself to read something that I don't like. There's more than enough amazing choices available, so I am never without a pile of books and articles waiting to be read. Mostly, I love the fact that thanks to the internet, I can now read about anything that interests me or that I want to learn!

2. What is your favorite genre?

-I like historical fiction, since I can enjoy a great story while learning about the past.

3. What is the hardest thing for you to do as a reader?

-It is harder for me to read now than it used to be. Before internet and the smart phone, reading was a more natural choice. But now, digital information and social media tempt me and take up much of the time I used to read in. So, I am learning to set aside time just for reading each day. I've discovered that reading before bed is the best time, and all research supports that it's best NOT to be on the computer or phone before sleep.

4. If you could live in one of the books what book would it be?

- I would not want to live in a book. But when I love a book, it lives in me, which is a wonderful experience!

5. What can you recommend to our readers?

- It doesn't matter what you read. It can be a comic book, a magazine or a website. Read what INTERESTS you, but NEVER STOP READING!

No comments: