Thursday, September 25, 2014

WBAIS is a Reading Community: Interview with Mrs. Sargent-Beasley.

WBAIS is a reading community. 

Interviews.

Mrs. Sargent-Beasley answers the questions.


1. How would you describe yourself as a reader?

I am an avid reader. I read every chance I can get. I begin every morning reading the newspaper and end every evening reading a book just for fun. I often have four or five books on my bedside table at the same time. I've even been known to read box containers or the toothpaste tube while I'm cooking or brushing my teeth- if there's a word to be read, it's worthy of reading!

2. What is your favorite genre?
Historical Fiction.

3. What is the hardest thing for you to do as a reader?
The hardest thing for me to do as a reader is to put a good book down!

4. If you could live in one of the books what it would be?
I think I would like to "live" in a book by Amitav Gosh- as a narrator, not as a character. His books are set in India and captures the intrigue of the culture and of the people so carefully and beautifully.

 5. What would you recommend our readers?
I would recommend that you find a few others you love and read everything you can get your hands on- this journey will lead to another journey. That's the beauty of books. Each time one finishes, another is waiting.

No comments: